Easy Italian Pierogi
Oh, BTW these freeze nicely.
Recipe found on Facebook by Ericka.
- 2 c
- mashed potatoes
- 1/2 c
- goat cheese,crumbled or parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1 medium
- onion, finely chopped
- 2 pkg
- (10 oz. each) gyoza/potsticker wrappers
- 1 large
- egg white only ,beaten
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, divided
- 1 small
- tomato, chopped for garnish
- 1/3 c
- fresh parsley, chopped ,for garnish
How to Make Easy Italian Pierogi
- 1In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil.
In a separate bowl, mix potatoes,Italian seasoning, cheese, onions and pepper.
- 3Place 1 Tablespoon of potato mixture on center of each wrapper and fold int half, making sure edges seal by pressing together.
Carefully place pierogies in small batches into the boiling water. ?Cook for 3 minutes or until the pierogies begin to float. Drain and rinse in colander with cold water. Set aside.
- 4In a large skillet, melt 1 Tablespoon of the butter over low to medium heat. Add 10 to 12 pierogies and lightly brown on both sides. Remove and continue to brown the next batch with another 1 Tablespoon of butter. Repeat with next batch until all have been browned.
Serve immediately and sprinkle with chopped tomato and parsley.