Wild Rice Stuffed Catfish
- 4 (6oz) oz
- catfish filets
- 1 large
- yellow onions, diced
- 1 large
- bell pepper, diced
- 1 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup, golden
- 1 1/2 c
- long grain wild rice
- 6 oz
- mushrooms, fresh,sliced
How to Make Wild Rice Stuffed Catfish
- 1Rinse fillets and butterfly open. Pat dry sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder, fresh cracked black pepper, and "Old Bay" Seasoning.
- 2Place each fillet on a piece of aluminum foil spray with no stick cooking spray. set aside. Cook wild rice according to package instructions .Make sure all liquid is absorbed because fish and veggies will add moisture as it cooks.
- 3Let rice cool completely before gently mixing all ingredients in mixing bowl. taste. adjust seasoning as needed.
- 4Spoon mixture into each catfish fillet, being careful not to overstuff.Tear foil for fish,place each fish in foil and seal closed leave enought room for air to circulate.
- 5place in pyrex dish and put in the oven, preheated to 350 degress. Cook for 20 minutes,. Check that fish is opaque and flakes with a fork. Oh and allow to sit for 15 minutes. be careful of steam. Enjoy!