4fresh catfish filets (or 16 catfish nuggets)
1/2 call purpose flour
1 cyellow cornmeal
dash(es)hot sauce (depends on how spicy you like it)
·creole seasoning to taste
How to Make Southern Oven-Fried Catfish
- Cut catfish filets into 4 pieces or use cafish nuggets. Rinse and dry with power towels.
- Beat egg and mix with milk. Add hot sauce to taste.
- In a second dish, combine flour, cornmeal and creole seasoning.
- Put catfish into milk mixture, then cover with cornmeal mixture.
- Place on pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Once all catfish is on the pan, spray fish with cooking spray.
- Place in a 450 degree oven for 6-10 minutes or until fish flakes and outside crust is crunchy.
- Serve with tarter sauce or cocktail sauce or you can make crispy fish tacos.