Salmon Spread or Salmon Salad Sandwiches
I got it in my head several years ago to debone and skin that salmon, and use it like I would for tuna salad sandwiches. Do you know it is even better than tuna salad and has since become a staple in our home.
There is ALWAYS a tub of salmon salad in the fridge...just waiting.
- cooked salmon, preferrably grilled or baked, skin off, boned and flaked
- hard boiled eggs, diced
- pickles or pickle relish
- shredded lettuce
- chopped pecans or walnuts
- anything else you would put in your tuna salad for sandwiches
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Salmon Spread or Salmon Salad Sandwiches
- 1Skin and debone salmon.
- 2Use a fork to smash the salmon into fine pieces.
- 3Add mayo and other ingredients.
- 4This is the ONLY food item that my husband insist on having at all times in the fridge. It is that good. Change it up from time to time...this time I added in a bottled chimichurri spread of cilantro, garlic and parsley...next time it might be dill weed...you can vary the recipe to your own taste. Also take into consideration how you grilled your fish in the first place. Butter, salt and pepper is his favorite...this one, I used tereyaki basil marinade. It's all relative.