ROASTED SOCKEYE SALMON -- BONNIE'S
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds fresh sockeye salmon fillet, about 2 inches thick with skin on the bottom.
- enough bacon grease to coat the bottom of the hot cast iron skillet
- oil to brush on the fish. i used olive oil
- kosher salt and coarse black pepper to taste
How to Make ROASTED SOCKEYE SALMON -- BONNIE'S
- 3Place the skin side down in the hot skillet and put it back in the hot oven. Don't cover. Roast 15 to 18 minutes until a thermometer probe says it is 125 degrees, then it is done. Take it out of the oven (it is still cooking in the skillet!) Serve immediately. The fish should be flaky and moist. I like to serve it with my Potato Loaf and green beans.