Oven-Fried Salmon & Vegetable Patties
Two ingredients need to be prepared ahead of time: the rice and the dried tomatoes.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 crice, brown or white
2 Tbspolive oil, divided
100 gcarrots, peeled and diced
100 gcelery, diced
100 gonions, diced
60 goven-dried tomatoes, minced (see note)
5 ozcooked salmon (can or pouch)
2 tspworcestershire sauce
1/2 cseasoned bread crumbs (some to be discarded)
How to Make Oven-Fried Salmon & Vegetable Patties
- Amounts are given here as weighed or measured for calorie estimation. 100 grams is about 3.5 ounces or, in the case of these vegetables, about 1 full cup each.
- Note: To make oven-dried tomatoes: Halve and remove seeds, juice and membranes from small tomatoes (cherry, roma, etc.). Remove excess moisture with paper towels. Bake on a rack (without a pan) for 1 hour @ 250F with the convection fan running. If thicker tomatoes seem too moist, bake another 10 minutes but do not brown.
- Cook the rice and cool or use about 1 1/2 cups leftover cooked rice.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add carrots and saute slowly for 10 minutes. Keep heat low enough to prevent browning of carrots.
- At 5 minute intervals add first celery, then onions, then dried tomatoes. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Shape the salmon and rice mixture into four equal balls. Roll each ball in the crumbs to coat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, cooked vegetables, salmon, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce. Allow to rest 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Place a flat cast iron skillet or griddle the oven. Preheat to 400F.
- Place the bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Form 4 equal balls from the salmon & rice mixture. Roll each in the bread crumbs to coat thoroughly. Discard remaining bread crumbs.
- Flatten each ball to a patty about 3/4 to 1 inch thick.
- Use remaining tablespoon olive oil to coat hot pan or griddle. Place patties on the hot surface about 1 inch apart. Bake 10 minutes per side.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.