How to Make Grilled Oysters
- 1Rinse oysters and brush to make sure they are clear of sand and mud.
- 2melt butter and add garlic and lime juice.
- 3put oysters on a med high grill for approx. 5-10 minutes. ( watch for them to start to boil around the edges a bit, however some are sealed so tight you may not see it)
- 4pop the shells with a oyster knife and cut oyster loose at this time. I hold oyster with a heavy glove.
- 5return oyster to grill, carefully add 1 tablespoon of bourbon to each shell it will flame a lot if you spill, along with a tablespoon of the butter garlic lime mixture.
- 6top with a little dab of bbq sauce of your choice. I like stubbs spicy
- 7when the mixture comes to a simmer remove and serve hot. when i do these for a crowd i serve right off the grill, just remember shells are HOT