Easy Fried Fish
Rose Mary Mogan
- 1 1/2 lb
- haddock, sole or cod
- 1 large
- egg, room temperature, beaten
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 c
- crushed cornflakes
- tarter sauce or cocktail sauce optional
- lemon wedges if desired
How to Make Easy Fried Fish
- 1Thourgly clean fish and cut into serving-size pieces. In a medium bowl, combine beaten egg & milk. Place crushed cornflakes in a separate bowl or platter.
- 2Dip fish into the egg mixture, and then coat with the crushed corn flakes on both sides.
- 3In a large skillet(preferably cast iron) over high heat, add 1 inch cooking oil. When oil is hot, fry the pieces of coated fish until it is lightly browned on both sides. Serve while still hot. If desired serve with lemon wedges or optional seafood sauce, or tarter sauce.