This is a quickly prepared dish. It continues to cook AFTER you take it off the heat so have guests seated so it can be served right away when flame is turned off! It is best eaten within a few minutes after cooking...
1Very Important!! Do this OUTSIDE!!
Gas fired burner with high output. Our's sounds like a small rocket engine and was purchased as part of a deep fat turkey fryer package. We call it “The Binford 5000 Flamethrower”
Cast iron frying pan. We really lucked out on this when we bought a 14” pan at a garage sale for $8!! The cast iron can really take the high heat and cleans up very easily.
1. Heat oiled frying pan so hot that the oil burns off and the bottom turns uniformly, “dullish grey” and is ssssmoookin! Have dinner guests at the table so that steaks can be served HOT!!
2. Heavily sprinkle blackening spice on one side of UNIFORM THICKNESS steaks.
3. Place steaks on grill, seasoned side down, then heavily sprinkle spice on the “up” side.
4. Grill steaks for NO MORE than 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side, 3-4 minutes total.
2. Rapidly put meat in pan
3. Heavily sprinkle blackening spice over meat while “stirring” it with a metal spatula.
4. Continue stirring/turning process until meat is done....approximately 2-3 minutes MAX!