Whole30 Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbshredded rotisserie chicken breasts
5-7 clovegarlic thinly sliced
5 ozmushrooms thinly sliced
1 cfull fat coconut milk, stir-well
1/4 cchicken broth
1/4 cnutritional yeast
1 tspfresh ground pepper
2 Tbspgarlic powder
1 Tbspaleppo pepper
1 Tbspdried thyme
1 smalllime, optional
How to Make Whole30 Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms
- Heat pan (cast iron is my choice) on medium high. Add ghee or other high heat oil. Sautee onions and garlic until they start to lightly brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add more ghee or oil (or both) and sautee mushroom until they are browned to your taste.
- While mushrooms sautee, mix all spices together in small bowl. The amounts for each spice was a guess, I just eyeball it, use garlic powder as the base and add to it. Use whatever spices you like to season your chicken, the variations are endless.
- Add onions. garlic and chicken to the mushrooms in the pan. Sprinkle the spice mix over over everything and mix together.
- Add coconut milk and broth, and mix well.
- As mixture heats, add nutritional yeast, stir.
- Taste sauce and adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Add frozen peas and heat through.
- If you want to thicken the sauce, sprinkle arrowroot powder and stir.
- Dish up and finish with more nutritional yeast. A squeeze of lime is optional.