☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/2 c
- reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c
- light brown sugar
- inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- nonstick cooking spray
- sliced scallions, for garnish
PREPARE RICE, ACCORDING TO PACKAGE, ADDING 4 SLICES OF FRESH GINGER
How to Make Teriyaki Chicken with Ginger Rice
- 1In a large plastic resealable bag, add the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and grated ginger and mix until the sugar is dissolved. Put the chicken thighs into the bag with the marinade. Seal and refrigerate overnight.
- 2Preheat pan over medium heat.
- 3Remove the chicken from the marinade and set aside. Put the marinade in a pot over medium heat and reduce by half. Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray, arrange the chicken in pan, skin-side down cover pan and cook for 7 minutes per side. Brush the chicken liberally with the reduced marinade before removing from pan.
- 4Place chicken back in pan with the rest of the reduced marinade and 1/4 cup water. Steam over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- 5Place ginger rice on plate top with 1 chicken thigh and sprinkle with scallions.