Stuffed Cornish Hens Supreme
- 4 1-1/1/2 lb
- cornish game hens (that's 4 cornish hens weighing 1 to 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 1/4 c
- chopped green onions
- 1 c
- chopped mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
- 2 c
- soft bread slices, cut into small cubes
- 1 large
- egg, hard cooked and chopped
- 1/4 c
- dairy sour cream
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp
- ground black pepper or white pepper
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- 1 pkg
- chicken gravy mix (i use french's)
- 2 dash(es)
How to Make Stuffed Cornish Hens Supreme
- 1Rinse Hens and pat dry. Preheat oven to 350 degree's.
- 2Cook 1 cup of the onions and 1/2 cup of the mushrooms in butter until tender and liquid evaporates.
- 3Combine with cubed bread, chopped egg, sour cream, garlic salt, and pepper.
- 4Lightly stuff hens with mixture; truss. Place hens, breast side up in a large shallow pan. Cover with foil and roast in preheated over for 60 minutes.
- 5Uncover and baste with drippings. Spoon off and save 2 T. of drippings. Return hens to oven and roast 30 to 40 minutes more uncovered, until tender and browned. Allow to rest.
- 6Meanwhile cook the remaining 1/4 c. onions and 1/2 c. of mushrooms in reserved drippings in a small saucepan. Stir in milk, water, gravy mix and nutmeg (not optional).
- 7Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Simmer 1 minute until thick and creamy.
- 8Serve hens hot with sauce (I serve the sauce on the side for dipping purposes.) on a bed of wild rice.