Skinnied-Down Chicken with Cajun Seasoned Sauce
1 1/2 to 2 lbskinless boneless chicken breasts
8 ozpackage fresh mushrooms
1 largeor two small onions, peeled and sliced
2 cchicken broth, non-fat (reserve two tablespoons)
2 Tbspcorn starch
·salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning to taste
How to Make Skinnied-Down Chicken with Cajun Seasoned Sauce
- Coat a deep sided skillet with butter flavor cooking spray, set aside.
- Wash and slice mushrooms and onion. Saute on medium high heat until mushrooms are done and onion is translucent. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Slice chicken breast into approximately 1/4" slices. Add to skillet that mushrooms and onions were sauteed in. Brown chicken breasts and sprinkle with salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning to taste.
- Add mushrooms and onions, chicken broth reserving two tablespoons. Add a more Cajun seasoning if you prefer. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved chicken broth, stirring until dissolved. Add to Chicken and continue to cook until sauce is thickened. Serve over rice, if desired.