SIMPLE ROASTED CHICKEN (SALLYE)
1whole chicken, 3 to 4 lbs.
1 tspkosher or sea salt
1 tspground black pepper
1 Tbspfresh orange zest
2 mediumgarlic cloves, minced
1 Tbspfresh rosemary, minced
1/2 tspcrushed red pepper flakes
How to Make SIMPLE ROASTED CHICKEN (SALLYE)
- Preheat oven to 450º
- Wash the chicken inside and out and pat dry with paper towels.
Mix salt and pepper and generously rub into the dried chicken (inside and out)
- Peel garlic cloves and finely mince.
Zest (grate) the orange part only rind of a fresh orange.
Crush the rosemary leaves.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, orange zest, crushed rosemary, and red pepper flakes together and rub on the chicken inside and out. .
- Line a roasting pan or dish with parchment paper.
Place chicken in the roasting pan or dish, breast side up.
- Cook chicken uncovered for about 30 minutes until internal temperature reaches 180º.
If you don't have a thermometer, test chicken at the meatiest part of the thigh with a fork or skewer. If the juices run clear, it is done.
If it begins to get too brown before it's done, lightly tent a piece of foil over the top.
Don't overcook or it will be DRY and tough. LOL
- Remove from oven to a serving platter.
You can either serve immediately or store in fridge overnight if you prefer cold chicken.
It makes excellent sandwiches.