ROAST CHICKEN WITH CARAMELIZED SHALLOTS
Recipe and photo: davidlebovitz.com
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 3 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 4 large
- shallots, peeled and minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces - or - 4 chicken breasts, cut in half crosswise
- generous handful of coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
How to Make ROAST CHICKEN WITH CARAMELIZED SHALLOTS
- 1In a large baking dish, mix the olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, shallots, and some salt and pepper.
- 2Add the chicken pieces in a single layer so they're completely coated with the shallots. Turn chicken pieces so they are all skin-side up.
- 3In a preheated 425-degree oven, roast the chicken for about 20 minutes until it starts to brown on top. Turn the pieces over and scrape any juices and shallots over the chicken that may be clinging to the pan. Bake for another 20 minutes or so, until the chicken is cooked through and the shallots are well-caramelized.
- 4Remove from oven, add the chopped parsley, and serve immediately.