Oven Fried Chicken
mary a favela
1frying chicken (cut up)
1/4 tspblack pepper and garlic powder (for sprinkling)
1/2 tspcreole seasoning
1/2 cbutter or u may use olive oil cooking spray
How to Make Oven Fried Chicken
- preheat oven to 425 degrees.spray olive oil cooking spray on a 9 x13 pan.
- wash chicken throughly. pat chicken dry with a clean paper towel and sprinkle with garlic powder and creole seasoning.
- in a ziploc bag,combine 1 c.of flour,1/4 tsp. of black pepper,a pinch of cayenne pepper(optional),1/2 tsp. of paprika and 1/2 tsp.creole seasoning.close bag and mix well.
- put chicken in ziploc bag with flour and seasonings, shake well to coate. be sure to coate each piece.
- line 9x13 inch glass baking dish with chicken, skin side down
- bake 30 minutes on 425 degrees;turn and reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake 35-45 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked through. it will be golden brown and very tender when done.