On the light side maple-apple chicken
Calories for 1 chicken breast and 2/3 cup sauce; 284
Fat: 3.8 grams
Carbs: 22.2 grams
- skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 c
- apple juice
- 2-1/2 Tbsp
- pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp
- fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 large
- grannysmith apples, peeled, cored, quartered, sliced
- 1/4 tsp
- each, salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- thyme sprigs for garnish
How to Make On the light side maple-apple chicken
- 1Combine chicken and next 3 ingredients in a lg plastic zip-lock bag. Seal bag and refrigerate for 30 mins to marinate.
- 2Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Coat a lg skillet w/ cooking spray. Place skillet over med-high heat. Add chicken and cook on both sides for about 5-6 mins. Remove chicken from pan, set aside.
- 3Melt butter in same skillet, over med-high heat. Add apple slices, saute for 5 mins. Add reserved marinade, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 mins, or until sauce is slightly reduced. Return chicken to skillet and cook until thoroughly heated through. Garnish w/ thyme sprigs.