Mexican Chicken Lasagna Salad (no pasta)
Go ahead and try it you will be making it over and over.
- 2 large
- poblano peppers , i used some from a jar
- 10 small
- corn tortillas (6-inch)
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 1 c
- yellow onion, chopped- i used a sweet viadalia diced
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced, i used 1 tablespoon minced from a jar
- 2 Tbsp
- coarse salt- i used sea salt
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh oregano, i used 2 teaspoons dried oregano spice
- 2 tsp
- finely chopped chipotles in adobo sauce, i just used a dab
- 28 oz
- can whole peeled tomatoes, pureed, i used with juice
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 3 c
- poached, shredded chicken breast- i used rotisserie chicken breast
- 8 oz
- package shredded monterey jack cheese
- 10 medium
- radishes, thinly sliced - 1 bunch
- 1 medium
- head romaine lettuce, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 Tbsp
- white wine vinegar, i used 3
How to Make Mexican Chicken Lasagna Salad (no pasta)
- 1Preheat oven to 375^. Spray 9x13-inch baking dish with non stick olive oil.Set aside.
Char poblanos over an open flame until blackened, 5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl, cover with plastic, and steam 10 minutes.Then peel skins from poblanos, discard stems and seeds and coarsely chop.(skip this if using from a jar like me)
- 2Char tortillas over an open flame, turning once, about 15 seconds on each side, and place under a cloth towel to steam and soften.Chop poblanos coarsely from jar now, if using like me.
- 3Place 2 Tablespoon of the olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. When oil shimmers, add the onion and cook until it becomes translucent, about 3 minute. Add garlic, 1 teaspoon of the salt, oregano, and chipotles to pan and cook, 30 seconds. Add pureed tomatoes and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens slightly, 6 minutes.
- 4Spread 1 cup of tomato sauce mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan. Layer 5 of the tortillas over sauce and cover them with 1/2 the remaining sauce, 1/2 the pablanos, 1/2 the cream, 1/2 the chicken, and 1/2 the cheese.
Repeat with a second layer in same order.
- 5Cover dish with foil and bake 30 minutes.
Uncover and bake until bubbly and golden brown on top about 15 more minutes.
- 6In a large bowl, combine radishes, lettuce, vinegar and remaining salt. Toss to combine and serve on top of each lasagna serving.
This is SO GOOD!