Mediterranean Style Chicken Thighs
4chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
4 slicelarge tomato
4 slicebuffalo mozzerella cheese
4 slicelarge yellow or white onion
1japanese eggplant, halved and thinly sliced
1zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
1yellow italian squash, halved and thinly sliced
2 cfresh baby spinach
1 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
How to Make Mediterranean Style Chicken Thighs
- Clean the chicken thighs and season both sides with your favorite seasonings. I use a combination of salt, pepper, garlic and onion powders, cumin, paprika and ground mustard seeds.
- Slice the tomato, onion, eggplant ,zucchini and yellow squash season with a little salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat your oven to 375. In a medium hot cast iron pan (my favorite to cook with) heat 2 tablespoons of olive, or your favorite oil, until shimmering. Add the thighs and sear on both sides for 3 minutes each. After you turn the thighs you may want to turn the heat down to medium. After the 6 minutes, put the pan in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes depending upon the size of the thighs.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat another pan to medium high with a couple of tablespoons of oil. Start with the onions, then the squashes and then the eggplant, and cook on both sides until starting to brown. Remove from the pan to a plate.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and add the tomatoes and cook on both sides until the edges start to brown. Remove to the plate.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and place on a small cookie sheet. Turn the oven heat up to broil. Put one slice of tomato on each chicken thigh followed by the slices of cheese. Put back in the oven for 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese is melting and bubbly. Watch carefully.