Mediterranean Lemon Chicken with Artichokes and Orzo
- 6 oz
- orzo pasta
- 1/2 c
- kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/2 lb
- boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 small
- cans artichoke hearts in brine, drained and quartered
- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp
- fresh oregano leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
How to Make Mediterranean Lemon Chicken with Artichokes and Orzo
- 1Cook the orzo according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in olives. Keep warm.
- 2Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and cook until browned. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- 3Add the artichoke hearts, garlic, and oregano to the skillet. Cook, stirring constantly until fragrant. Return the chicken to the skillet and add the broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- 4Add chicken and artichoke mixture to pasta in large bowl. Serve with a smile!