Mediterranean Chicken Couscous Wraps
- 1 c
- onion, diced
- 1 1/4 c
- israeli couscous
- 2 c
- chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- parsley, chopped
- 3 c
- cooked lemon pepper rotisserie chicken, deboned and chopped
- head bok choy
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
How to Make Mediterranean Chicken Couscous Wraps
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Thoroughly clean the bok choy and separate the leaves from each other. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil and add the bok choy to the pot for approximately 1 minute. Remove the bok choy leaves and immediately put them in ice-cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- 3Prepare the couscous:
Slice lemon very thinly. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 4Roast lemon slices in oven until lightly golden brown, about 15 minutes. Watch carefully, you do not want the lemon to burn.
- 5Remove from oven and allow to cool; then chop. Set aside.
- 6Saute onion in a saucepan over medium heat until lightly golden brown. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- 7Add couscous and saute until golden, about four minutes.
- 8Add 2 cups of chicken broth, the lemon pieces, and capers. Bring to a simmer and cover, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- 9Stir in parsley and cooked chicken.
- 10Flatten each leaf of bok choy and spoon a generous helping of couscous in the center. Wrap each leaf with the couscous inside. In a grill pan over medium heat, drizzle a small amount of olive oil and grill both sides of the bok choy until the wraps are heated through. Remove the wraps from the pan and add salt and pepper, to taste.