1chicken divided into 8 peices
1 kgeither or all of eggplant , potatoes , cut into 2cm thick slices
2 coil for frying
1/2 cmargarine or butter
1 tspof each :cinnamon, saffron or turmeric,black pepper ,cardamom, cloves
How to Make Maqloba
- Boil the chicken pieces for 1/2 hour or until well cooked , add 1 teaspoon salt and one onion cut into 4 parts and cloves to the water .
- Wash the rice well and soaked about 20 minutes and then drain water .
fry the eggplant and or the potatoes slices in oil until become golden .
- oil the bottom of a suitable pot , spread some rice ( 2-3 tablespoons ) , arrange the fried vegetable to cover all of the bottom , put the chicken pieces on the e p slices , then put the rice on top .
- measure about 6 cups of the broth , dissolve the butter or margarine in it , and add the salt and the spices , then pour the broth slowly over the rice in the pot , cover and cook on medium fire for about 15 minutes or until it starts boiling , lower the heat and let it for another 15 minutes , or until the rice is well cooked .
- remove the pot off the stove leave it to cool down for about 10 minutes , bring a large serving tray ( 15 cm larger than the diameter of the pot , put the tray over the top of the uncovered pot , then turn the tray ,with the pot on it , over , tab the pot with hand and lift it slowly up , you will see the dish appeared in one piece like a mold , the rice down and the chicken and vegetable up.
- Serve with green salad or yoghurt .