Kick-It Tropical Chicken
You can choose how much orange flavor you prefer, adjust fresh OJ, to your taste, add more or less! :)
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 1 1/2 tsp
- ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- 8 Tbsp
- butter, halved
- 4 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- 8 oz
- pineapple-orange juice
- 1 can(s)
- libby's pineapple chunks, drained (reserve juice for use in sauce)
- 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- 2 medium
- oranges, halved
- 1 medium
- oranges, sliced
- parsley flakes for garnish
- paprika, for garnish
How to Make Kick-It Tropical Chicken
- 1Clean chicken, removing any excess fat, tenderize.
NOTE: This recipe can be made with fresh chicken, or boiled. These picks show lightly boiled chicken, but starting with raw allows the spices to soak into the chicken much better.
In small bowl, mix ginger, salt, & cayenne pepper together.
Sprinkle over chicken, both sides
- 3In large saute skillet, melt 4 tbsp butter over medium heat, add chicken and cook 3-5 minutes each side until browned evenly on both sides.
(Be sure to add any drippings of honey/butter mixture from bowl) to skillet before browning chicken)
After browning, remove chicken from pan, set aside. Leave drippings in pan.