Easy Keto Chicken Piccata
I purchase chicken breasts from an organic farmer. The breasts are much larger than the ones in my supermarket. You may need to use two small breasts to equal the same amount.
Of course, you could adjust the recipe to cook for more servings. If you have more chicken breasts you may have to brown them in batches. In this case you may not want to multiply the amount of broth.
I usually cook just for myself and the large chicken breast makes 2 meals for me.
1 largechicken breast
·salt and pepper
1 Tbspcooking oil
1 cchicken broth
1/4 conion or shallots, finely chopped
1 tspparsley flakes or 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
How to Make Easy Keto Chicken Piccata
- Cut the breast into 3 even pieces by cutting the pointed end of the breast into the first piece, slice the remaining thicker piece in two by butterflying it and cut in half.
- Salt and pepper the chicken pieces on both sides.
- With a heavy pan or mallet pound the chicken into scant 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan. Brown the chicken pieces until golden. Then remove from pan, cover to keep warm.
- Add the chicken broth and the dried parsley to the pan. Stir to melt any fond. Reduce the liquid in the pan by half.
- Add the chopped onion or shallots and stir fry them until translucent.
- Add the capers and juice of half a lemon to the pan and stir to blend to make a sauce. Taste the sauce and correct the seasoning.
- Add the chicken back to finish cooking. Then squeeze the remaining lemon over the chicken.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce.