Holiday Harvest Cranberry Orange Cornish Hens
- cornish game hens
- 1 3/4
- cup prepared long grain and wild rice blend, such as uncle ben's
- cup chopped onions
- tb. butter
- cup finely chopped apple
- cup dried cranberries (can use raisins)
- tsp. poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper
- melted butter
- 6 oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate
- cup brown sugar
- tb. butter
STUFFED CORNISH HENS
ORANGE BROWN SUGAR GLAZE
How to Make Holiday Harvest Cranberry Orange Cornish Hens
- 1Saute onions in 1 TB. butter until soft. Mix prepared rice, onions, apple, dried cranberries, (...or raisins, golden are nice) and poultry seasoning in a medium bowl.
- 2Tuck wings of hens behind back. Season hens with salt and pepper. Spoon 1/2 cup stuffing into each hen. Tie legs together with kitchen string. Brush hens liberally with melted butter.
- 3Place hens, breast side up, in shallow pan. Cook at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove hens from oven and baste with orange glaze. Return to oven and glaze again once or twice, discarding glaze after last basting.
- 4Cook hens until an internal temperature of 170-180 degrees is reached, approximately one hour and fifteen minutes to one and one half hours, depending on the weight of the hens. Tent loosely with foil for 10 minutes and serve.
- 5Instructions For Glaze:
In small saucepan, combine orange juice, brown sugar and 2 TB. butter until sugar has melted and sauce is glossy and thickened.