HEARTY CHICKEN POT PIE
1 ccooked skinless cubed chicken breast
3 ccooked mixed vegetables( such peas, carrots, and diced potatoes
1 can(s)11 oz. reduced fat reduced sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 1/3 creduced fat biscuit mix
2/3 clow fat buttermilk
3 Tbspchopped parsley
How to Make HEARTY CHICKEN POT PIE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees lightly coat 9 inch pie plate or ovenproof casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Combine chicken, vegetables and soup into pie plate place in oven.
- While chicken mixture heats, combine biscuit mix. buttermilk and parsley in a medium bowl, mix just until blended, do not over mix. (dough will be sticky)
- Scrap dough out of bowl onto lightly floured surface. With lightly floured hands gently pat dough into 1 inch disk using 2 to 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter, cut 6 biscuits.
- Remove casserole from oven. Place biscuits on top of chicken mixture and return to oven. Bake about 10 minutes or until biscuits have risen and are light golden
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees continue baking 10 to 15 minutes or until biscuits test for doneness and casserole is heated through.
- The last 5 minutes of baking sprinkle paprika over biscuits.