HEARTY CHICKEN POT PIE
- 1 c
- cooked skinless cubed chicken breast
- 3 c
- cooked mixed vegetables( such peas, carrots, and diced potatoes
- 1 can(s)
- 11 oz. reduced fat reduced sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/3 c
- reduced fat biscuit mix
- 2/3 c
- low fat buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp
- chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp
How to Make HEARTY CHICKEN POT PIE
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees lightly coat 9 inch pie plate or ovenproof casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Combine chicken, vegetables and soup into pie plate place in oven.
- 2While chicken mixture heats, combine biscuit mix. buttermilk and parsley in a medium bowl, mix just until blended, do not over mix. (dough will be sticky)
- 3Scrap dough out of bowl onto lightly floured surface. With lightly floured hands gently pat dough into 1 inch disk using 2 to 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter, cut 6 biscuits.
- 4Remove casserole from oven. Place biscuits on top of chicken mixture and return to oven. Bake about 10 minutes or until biscuits have risen and are light golden
- 5Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees continue baking 10 to 15 minutes or until biscuits test for doneness and casserole is heated through.
- 6The last 5 minutes of baking sprinkle paprika over biscuits.