GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD, RESTAURANT STYLE
Peggi Anne Tebben
I'm sure somewhere, someone has done a similar salad to this but I didn't get it from anywhere!
You need to cook the chicken as I instruct for the full flavor of this dish & don't drown it in dressing, so it doesn't cover up the flavor of the chicken.
- boneless, skinless chicken breast
- green onions
- tomato wedges
- shredded cheddar cheese
- California style garlic salt /parsley
- Montreal or Quebec Chicken Seasoning
- your favorite salad dressing
- real bacon bits (optional)
How to Make GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD, RESTAURANT STYLE
- 1Prepare the salad with the lettuce, onions, & tomato wedges & set in fridge while you cook the chicken.
- 2Place the chicken breast on indoor or outdoor grill & cook one side, about 5 or 6 minutes on about 400° on outside grill.
- 3Turn over & brush with butter & sprinkle 2 seasonings on it & continue cooking until just done, no longer, or it will dry out.
- 4Remove from heat & lay on cutting board & let set a few minutes for the juices to redistribute.
- 5Now, cut the chicken breast on an angle in strips & place on cold salad while still warm. (Refer to picture.)
- 6Garnish with the shredded cheese & then a small amount of your favorite salad dressing. I like either ranch or 1000 Island on mine. Top with croutons & real bacon bits.