Grilled Chicken Salad, Restaurant Style
Peggi Anne Tebben
I'm sure somewhere, someone has done a similar salad to this but I didn't get it from anywhere!
You need to cook the chicken as I instruct for the full flavor of this dish and don't drown it in dressing, so it doesn't cover up the flavor of the chicken.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The seasoning on this chicken is delicious! The combo of the garlic and the Montreal seasoning is perfect. This is one flavorful and satisfying salad. The Test Kitchen
1boneless, skinless chicken breast
·shredded cheddar cheese
·California style garlic salt /parsley
·Montreal or Quebec Chicken Seasoning
·your favorite salad dressing
·real bacon bits (optional)
How to Make Grilled Chicken Salad, Restaurant Style
- Prepare the salad with the lettuce, onions, and tomato wedges. Set in the fridge while you cook the chicken.
- Place the chicken breast on indoor or outdoor grill and cook one side, about 5 or 6 minutes. The temperature is about 400° on an outside grill.
- Turn over and brush with butter. Sprinkle 2 seasonings on it and continue cooking until just done; no longer, or it will dry out.
- Remove from heat and lay on cutting board. & Let sit a few minutes for the juices to redistribute.
- Now, cut the chicken breast on an angle in strips and place on cold salad while still warm. (Refer to picture.)
- Garnish with the shredded cheese and then a small amount of your favorite salad dressing. I like either ranch or 1000 Island on mine. Top with croutons & real bacon bits.