GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD, RESTAURANT STYLE
Peggi Anne Tebben
I'm sure somewhere, someone has done a similar salad to this but I didn't get it from anywhere!
You need to cook the chicken as I instruct for the full flavor of this dish & don't drown it in dressing, so it doesn't cover up the flavor of the chicken.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The seasoning on this chicken is delicious! The combo of the garlic and the Montreal seasoning is perfect. This is one flavorful and satisfying salad. The Test Kitchen
- boneless, skinless chicken breast
- green onions
- tomato wedges
- shredded cheddar cheese
- California style garlic salt /parsley
- Montreal or Quebec Chicken Seasoning
- your favorite salad dressing
- real bacon bits (optional)
How to Make GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD, RESTAURANT STYLE
- 1Prepare the salad with the lettuce, onions, & tomato wedges & set in fridge while you cook the chicken.
- 2Place the chicken breast on indoor or outdoor grill & cook one side, about 5 or 6 minutes on about 400° on outside grill.
- 3Turn over & brush with butter & sprinkle 2 seasonings on it & continue cooking until just done, no longer, or it will dry out.
- 4Remove from heat & lay on cutting board & let set a few minutes for the juices to redistribute.
- 5Now, cut the chicken breast on an angle in strips & place on cold salad while still warm. (Refer to picture.)
- 6Garnish with the shredded cheese & then a small amount of your favorite salad dressing. I like either ranch or 1000 Island on mine. Top with croutons & real bacon bits.