GRANDPA ADAM'S BBQ. CHICKEN SKEWERS
- 1 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 3 Tbsp
- soy sayce
- 1/4 tsp
- powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp
- ground white pepper
- 1 clove
- garlic minced
- 16 to 24
- long wooden or metal skewers ( if wooden soak in water until ready to use.
How to Make GRANDPA ADAM'S BBQ. CHICKEN SKEWERS
- 1Cut chicken into long thin strips, 3 to 4 strips per piece. In a large bowl or zip top bag combine the soy sauce, ginger, white pepper, and garlic place 2 tbsp of the marinade in a small bowl
- 2Refrigerate until it is time to cook the skewers. Add the chicken to the remaining marinade in the bag, toss until well coated, cover the bowl or push out the air and seal bag. Marinate for a least 20 minutes. ( A FEW HOURS IS NICE BUT OVERNIGHT IS BETTER )
- 3Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator. Discard the marinade and skewer the chicken using a weaving method with the skewer. Place on a foil lined cookie sheet in a single layer
- 4Bake for 15 to 25 minutes. Flip halfway through and baste with the reserved marinade. These can also be done on an outside grill.
- 5Grill for approximately 10 minutes on each side until done.Make sure they are done all the way through.