GRANDPA ADAM'S BBQ. CHICKEN SKEWERS
1 lbboneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
3 Tbspsoy sayce
1/4 tsppowdered ginger
1/2 tspground white pepper
1 clovegarlic minced
16 to 24long wooden or metal skewers ( if wooden soak in water until ready to use.
How to Make GRANDPA ADAM'S BBQ. CHICKEN SKEWERS
- Cut chicken into long thin strips, 3 to 4 strips per piece. In a large bowl or zip top bag combine the soy sauce, ginger, white pepper, and garlic place 2 tbsp of the marinade in a small bowl
- Refrigerate until it is time to cook the skewers. Add the chicken to the remaining marinade in the bag, toss until well coated, cover the bowl or push out the air and seal bag. Marinate for a least 20 minutes. ( A FEW HOURS IS NICE BUT OVERNIGHT IS BETTER )
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator. Discard the marinade and skewer the chicken using a weaving method with the skewer. Place on a foil lined cookie sheet in a single layer
- Bake for 15 to 25 minutes. Flip halfway through and baste with the reserved marinade. These can also be done on an outside grill.
- Grill for approximately 10 minutes on each side until done.Make sure they are done all the way through.