GINGER CHICKEN WITH RICE NOODLES
4 Tbspvery fine chopped green onion
3 tspgrated fresh ginger
8 clovegarlic minced
2 tspolive oil, extra virgin
4 - 4 ozchicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
4 ozdried rice noodles
2 tspbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 ccarrot, shredded
4 Tbspsnipped fresh cilantro
4 Tbspcoarsely chopped peanuts
How to Make GINGER CHICKEN WITH RICE NOODLES
- In a small bowl combine green onion, ginger, 7 cloves garlic, olive oil, and salt. Rub ginger mixture evenly onto both sides of chicken.
- Place on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 12 to 15 minutes, turning once.
- Thinly slice chicken diagonally keep warm.
- Meanwhile cook noodles in a large saucepan in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- Finely shred two teaspoons lime peel. Squeeze 2 tablespoons juice from lime set peel and juice aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together reserved lime peel and juice, brown sugar and the remaining 1 clove garlic until sugar is dissolved.
- Add hot cooked noodles, carrot, cilantro, and peanuts. Toss gently to coat.
- Spoon hot noodle mixture onto plates arrange chicken slices on top. Serve immediately.