The pic I added shows it with orange roasted peppers, and it was grilled quite nicely that day!
- roasted red, orange or yellow peppers
- 1 1/4 lb
- ground chicken (approx)
- 1 pkg
- chunks feta cheese
- 1 tsp
- greek seasoning
- toasted buns
- kalamata (greek) olives, chopped optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3-4 Tbsp
- mayo of choice
- 2 Tbsp
- roasted red pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp
- peeled, diced cucumber
How to Make Feta~Chicken burgers
- 1For roasted red peppers: you may use diced up jarred- or do your own. Simply place on cookie sheet under the broiler for about 15 min. Place in a plastic bag for 15 min. to make the peel easy to remove. You dont have to remove the peel if you do not want to.
- 2Break up the ground chicken in a bowl, add as much red pepper and feta as you wish. You should see alot of them in the mix.
- 3Add greek seasoning and chopped kalamata olives if desired, and mix - do not overmix. If they are very wet, you could add a bit of bread crumbs
- 4Shape into 4 burgers. Place tinfoil on the grill and cut slits in it. spray foil with cooking spray.
- 5Grill over med heat for about 5 mins. per side. or to your liking.
- 6While they are grilling, prepare mayo topping if you are using it.
- 7Mix the mayo and some roasted pepper to serve on top..sometimes I add more feta to this and diced cucumbers
- 8Let burgers sit a few mins, tented with foil, while buns toast. Serve with the mayo and a few spinach leaves-if desired.