★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 -4 c
- cooked shredded chicken
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 2 can(s)
- diced green chilis, mild
- 2 c
- sour cream separated
- 16 oz
- sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- flour tortillas
- 1 bunch
- optional: green onion/ scallion, chopped fine
- 1/2 c
- reserved cooking liquid, chicken broth or milk
How to Make EZ Chicken Enchiladas
- 1Spray or oil a 13x9 baking dish put aside. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a bowl, stir together chicken, 1 soup, 1 can chilis, half of the sour cream and half of the cheese. Mix well but leave chicken chunky.
- 3Place enough of the filling into a flour tortilla, (Usually a couple of good blops will do it) spread it out down the middle and roll it, place in prepared pan seam side down. Do that with all of the mixture lining it up in the pan as you go.
- 4In the same bowl, mix the other can of soup, chilis, the other half of the sour cream and the ½ cup of liquid, stir well and pour over the rolled enchiladas spreading it out to cover them evenly.
- 5Top with the remaining cheese, I add extra cheese. Bake at 350 for about 30 mins until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with chopped green onions if using. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
- 6Other suggestions: I have made this lower calorie version with no fat soups, 2% cheese, nonfat plain Greek yogurt and fat free whole wheat tortillas. It’s good.