Crispy oven Baked/Fried Chicken
Rose Mary Mogan
- pieces chicken (bone in or boneless or both)
- 3 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c
- french fried onion rings
- 3/4 c
- parmesan cheese
- 2 c
- panko bread crumbs(japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- old bay seasoning
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- salt (optional)
How to Make Crispy oven Baked/Fried Chicken
- 1Please note I used 5 large chicken legs, & 5 boneless chicken thighs, but use what ever you like.
Assemble 4 dishes side by side, plus a jelly roll size pan with a baking rack over it, or one that will fit inside pan. Spray LIBERALLY WITH COOKING SPRAY to prevent chicken from sticking to rack.Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2In FIRST DISH have your moist chicken pieces.
In SECOND DISH add flour.
In THIRD DISH add 3 large eggs with water& beat well
Combine crushed onion rings panko Bread crumbs, paprika, Old Bay Seasoning, parmesan cheese, black pepper & salt if desired, pour into a zip lock reclosable bag. Shake to combine all ingredients, and then pour about HALF into FOURTH DISH as needed. So if there is some left over, you can keep in freezer till next time, & it has not been contaminated with the chicken.
- 3DIPPING METHOD: Dip moist chicken pieces into flour, then cover with beaten egg, then place in crushed panko mixture coating all sides, by pressing firmly. Then place on baking rack evenly spaced apart to allow heat to circulate in preheated 425 F oven. Spray pieces lightly with non stick cooking spray. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes for BONE IN CHICKEN, OR TILL JUICES RUN CLEAR, AND INTERNAL TEMPERATURE REACHES 165-170 DEGREES F.
- 4Note: Chicken gets very crispy on all sides when placed on a baking rack, than it would if they were lying directly on pan. I posted this recipe especially for Miss Marcy.If using both bone in & boneless pieces, bake the bone in pieces for 25 minutes first, BEFORE ADDING THE BONELESS.After the 25 minutes has elapsed place the breaded boneless pieces on rack & continue to bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes more.