Crispy Crunchy Chicken Strips w/Panko Bread Crumbs
Rose Mary Mogan
They really do taste like they are fried. The Japanese bread crumbs adds the extra crunch, and the paprika helps them to bake in the oven to a crisp golden brown texture on the outside. All the different spices enhances the full flavor of the chicken. So moist, tender and juicy. Plus this is a quick and easy meal. I served them with twice baked potatoes, that I created from left over mashed potatoes, and a variety Bean salad. Quick & Easy.
- pieces boneless, skinless chicken strips
- 2 pkg
- ranch dressing mix (dry pkgs)
- 1 3/4 c
- panko bread crumbs (japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 c
- parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 2 tsp
- onion powder
- 2 tsp
- white pepper
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted (1 stick)
- non stick butter flavored cooking spray
How to Make Crispy Crunchy Chicken Strips w/Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a gallon size zip lock bag, add panko bread crumbs, dry ranch dressing mix, parmesan cheese and all of the spices, then shake to mix completely. Set aside till needed. Spray a large jelly roll size pan with non stick cooking spray and set aside till needed.
- 2In a separate small dish large enough to accomodate chicken strips, melt the butter in microwave and set aside. Wash chicken strips as desired and drain. Then in another plate or platter add some of the bread crumb mixture.
- 3Now you are ready to begin. Add the chicken strips one at a time into the melted butter, then remove and drain excess butter, then add chicken strip to plate of bread crumbs, and coat on all sides pressing firmly into the crumbs. Then place on the prepared baking pan.
- 4Repeat until all the pieces have been coated, adding more bread crumbs as needed. If you have some of the crumbs left over, you can store them into the freezer to use at a later time, because you did not contaminate them with the raw chicken.
- 5Now spray each piece of chicken lightly with the non stick cooking spray. Then place in center of preheated 350 degree F. Oven & bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove from oven and serve with your favorite sides.
- 6NOTE: As A TIME SAVER, I KEEP EXTRA BAGS OF THIS Seasoning MIXTURE IN THE FREEZER in a zip lock bag, and then I can use it on Chicken, Fish or Pork Chops when ever needed. It saves a few minutes of getting dinner on the table in a hurry. This recipe is similiar to a recipe in my cookbook, but with slight variations & extra added seasoning. It taste really great.