Spring Chicken Salad
I had fond memories of going to visit my Aunt when I was a girl. She was a healthy cook, and she always had something special prepared for our visit. I remembered that she had made a chicken salad and it was so yummy, but I could never figure out how she made it, and she could not remember. Then I started piecing it together in my mind and then using these ingredients this is what I came up with and it is awesome. My co-workers even loved it. Enjoy!!
- rotisserie chicken, deboned, chopped
- 2 c
- green seedless grapes or red seedless grapes (cut into 4ths)
- 1 box
- golden raisans
- med. honeycrisp apples, cored, peeled, diced
- 1 1/2 c
- chopped walnuts
- 1 - 1 1/2 c
- 1 - 2 tsp
- lemon juice, to keep apples from browning
How to Make Spring Chicken Salad
- 1De-bone and de-skin a rotisserie chicken. Chop it up into bite size pieces, set aside. Using a rotisserie chicken also adds extra flavor to the salad. I even chop up as much of the skin as I can as well. **I found that a Traditional Rotisserie Chicken from Wal-mart works really well in this salad**
- 2Cut grapes using a small sharp paring knife, cuts easier and with less pressure so as to not bruise the grapes, remove the ends from the grapes. Cut them into 4ths, add to chicken. Peel and dice apples, add to chicken. Add golden raisans, walnuts, mayonnaise and the lemon juice. Stir gently with a large plastic or wooden spoon to combine all ingredients well.
- 3Best if chilled and served cold. Serve on a bed of lettuce or just by itself. Makes a great summer lunch salad or as an appetizer to a main dish. It is a very light and airy flavor, but so worth the few minutes it takes to make it.
If you want to add more color to the salad you can use Red Seedless Grapes in addition to the Green Seedless Grapes or in place of the Green ones. It is totally up to you if you want to add to or change up this recipe to your liking. I love it as is, but that is the joy of this site, you can make a recipe your own by adding or taking away what you do or don't like. Enjoy!!