Chicken Asparagus Roll-Ups
3 Tbspdijon mustard
1lemon juice, fresh
2 tsptarragon, dried
1 tspblack pepper
16 stickasparagus, fresh
4chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
4 sliceprovolone cheese
1 cpanko bread crumbs
How to Make Chicken Asparagus Roll-Ups
- Directions Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Grease a baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, tarragon, salt, and pepper until the mixture is well combined. Set aside.
- Cook asparagus in the microwave on High until bright green and just tender, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Set the asparagus spears aside.
- Place a chicken breast between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound the chicken breast with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Repeat with the rest of the chicken breasts.
- Place 1 slice of provolone on each chicken breast, and top the cheese with 4 asparagus spears per breast.
- Roll the chicken breasts around the asparagus and cheese, making a tidy package, and place, seam sides down, in the prepared baking dish.
- With a pastry brush, apply a coating of the mayonnaise mixture to each chicken breast, and sprinkle each with panko crumbs, pressing the crumbs into the chicken to make a coating. Bake in the preheated oven until the crumbs are browned and the chicken juices run clear, about 25 minutes. Kitchen-Friendly View PREP 25 mins COOK 30 mins READY IN 55 mins