Chicken and Wild Rice with Pecans
- 1 c
- cup of uncooked rice select royal blend texmati rice (white, red, white and wild rice blend)
- 2 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 16 oz
- package of sliced mushrooms, cleaned
- 1/2 c
- dry white wine
- 4 c
- diced cooked chicken breast ( i used rotisserie)
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1 tsp
- 4 oz
- white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 c
- coarsely chopped pecans
- chopped fresh chives for garnish
How to Make Chicken and Wild Rice with Pecans
- 1Cook the wild rice blend according to directions. It takes about 45 mins, but is so worth it.
- 2Remove the root and outer layers from the leek. Leave about 3 inches of the green part. Wash throughly. Slice the length in half, next cut the halves in half so you have 4 pieces. Chop them up fine, rinse well and drain on paper towels.
- 3Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add chopped leek and cook until lightly browned ( what a fragrant aroma), Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Add the wine and continue to cook for about 10 minutes.
- 4Combine cooked rice with the leek and mushroom mixture. Add chicken, sour cream, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 11x7 casserole dish. Top with the cheese, cook for 15 mins.
Remove the casserole and top with the pecans and cook for 10 to 15 more minutes.