Chicken And Dumplings
How to Make Chicken And Dumplings
- Use a large bowl to make the dumplings in.Add in 1 cup flour(self-rising) and a tsp of salt-into the 1/4th cup water stir in the egg.Add butter to bowl along with all other ingredients.(OOPS FIRST of all whisk in any spices into the dry flour)like salt etc etc that you want to season your dumplings with.(ALSO I always double the dumpling part for a pot load of them.
- Stir this wet dough up.Prepare a counter with a lot of room to use the rolling pin,by dusting it with extra flour and keeping some nearby if needed.Put dough on counter and roll around in flour and pat and turn until no longer sticky so you can use the rolling pin and roll out thin.
- Then I use a dough flat wedge to just cut long strips lengthwise in the dough and the turn and cut 2 inch strips crosswise,and the wedge helps you pick it up off the counter also.
- Now have pot at a full boil while you are dropping dumplings in one at a time using a large spoon to move some out of the way.When all are in.Lower to a simmer and put a lid on the pot and cook 20 minutes.Stirring gently once in a while.
- Now you have a large pot of yummy chicken and dumplings. ENJOY!