Bangkok Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb
- lean ground pork (may substitute with ground chicken or turkey)
- 1 c
- fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 c
- fresh pineapple, chopped (may substitute with canned pineapple)
- 1/2 c
- tsang bangkok peanut sauce (you can use more if not concerned with carbs, also add extra individually at table) this sauce can be bought in a bottle in the hispanic/asian isle at most grocery stores.
- 1 c
- fresh bean sprouts
- 1/3 c
- roasted peanuts, lightly salted
- 2 pinch
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- iceberg lettuce head or butter lettuce head
How to Make Bangkok Lettuce Wraps
- 1In a large stir fry pan or skillet, add olive oil to coat. Start browning ground meat, then add chopped mushrooms and continue cooking for approximately 5-10 minutes.
While meat is cooking, rinse the lettuce, separate into cups & pat dry if needed.
Drain the liquid from meat mixture. Add salt & pepper to taste. (Optional)
- 2Add pineapple, water chestnuts, Bangkok peanut sauce, then stir and mix well.
Add bean sprouts and peanuts and continue cooking for about 3-5 minutes.
- 3Remove from pan and serve in a bowl with lettuce cups on the side.
Make it fun, everyone can make their own wrap! Fun for kids too!
Wrap several tablespoons of meat in each lettuce cup, add 1 tbsp of peanut sauce and wrap like a burrito.