BAKED CHICKEN, RUSSIAN STYLE
Recipe: RusCuisine.com, from Olga Timokhina collection
- 1 stick
- butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp
- finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 2/3 c
How to Make BAKED CHICKEN, RUSSIAN STYLE
- 1In a medium bowl, cream the butter till light and fluffy. Add lemon peel, lemon juice, and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture.
- 2In a separate bowl, beat egg and water together. Place flour in another bowl, and breadcrumbs in a third bowl. Coat each chicken breast in flour, then dip in egg mixture. Coat with breadcrumbs.
- 3Heat the butter mixture, all but 1/4 cup, in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook on all sides 10 to 15 minutes, turning gently.
- 4Place the chicken and drippings in a 9x13-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes. During the last 5 minutes of baking, baste the chicken pieces with 1/4 cup of butter mixture. Serve hot with lemon butter sauce spooned over chicken.