Arroz Con Pollo
Since it was copywrighted in 92 I don't have the points system, just the old system of daily requirements.
Changes I added were oregano, garlic and green pepper.
2 tspolive oil
4 - 3 ozchicken breasts. that is four 3 ounce pieces of chicken
4 ozuncooked long grain white rice
1/2 cchopped onion
1 1/2 ccanned crushed tomatoes ( i use 1/2 cup less)
1 cchopped jar roasted red pepper
1/2 cchopped green bell pepper
1 Tbspchopped garlic from jar
1 cchicken broth
1/4 cchopped fresh parsley
1 tspor more chopped fresh rosemary
1 cfrozen peas
·coarsely ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Arroz Con Pollo
- Heat oil in a skillet and add chicken. Cook turning only once browning on both sides. This might take 7 to 10 minutes.
- Put chicken on a plate and set aside. In the same skillet combine rice,onion, green bell peppers,and garlic. Cook until onion becomes translucent. This might take 2 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, roasted red pepper, broth, all spices and a little of the ground black pepper.
- Return chicken the pan and simmer for 25 minutes. Stir in the peas and cook until rice is tender, maybe 5 minutes.
- Serving suggestion is put the mixture on a platter, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper to taste and garnish with rosemary sprigs and lemon wedges.
- Each serving provides:
1 1/2 vegetable
1 1/2 bread
10 optional calories
26 grams protein
4 grams fat
36 grams carbohydrate
63 mg calcium
405 mg sodium
49 mg cholesterol
3 grams fiber