- 2-4 Tbsp
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil
- small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can(s)
- stewed tomatoes (16 oz)
- 1/2 c
- white vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 1/4 tsp
- eggs, slightly beaten
How to Make Zucchini Montevidean
- 1Use butter to saute zucchini, uncovered, until starting to brown. Brown gr. beef, using oil if needed. Drain off fat. Cook onions in a little oil until they begin to carmelize. Don't rush these processes.
NOTE: I omitted the butter, just using a small amount of oil in a non-stick skillet. Use a large enough skillet that the slices aren't crowded too much. You can cook the zucchini and onions together, if you like.
- 2Mix all ingredients (except eggs) and place in ovenware with a good lid (or tightly fitting foil). i like to use a 9 X 13 pan with a lid for storing leftovers (though there weren't any leftovers when I made it last).
- 3Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
- 4Beat eggs and pour over top, cutting through lightly.
NOTE: I ignore the salt and pepper measurements and season everything to taste as I go. I even add a little S & P to the eggs before beating them. I also like my eggs beaten a bit more than it calls for.
- 5Return to oven and bake uncovered for 10 minutes or until egg is completely set.