VEGETABLE BEEF STROGONOFF
2 Tbspolive oil
1/2 conion sliced
1 lbground beef
1/2 ccelery diced
3 cmushrooms cut in half
1 Tbspminced garlic
10 ozbroccoli frozen
2 Tbsptomato paste
1 cvegetable broth
1/4 cplain yogurt low fat
1/4 csour cream, fat-free
How to Make VEGETABLE BEEF STROGONOFF
- In a skillet with half the oil brown beef. Drain and set aside.
- Chop carrots and cut mushrooms in half.
- Saute onions, and celery with other half of the oil, about three minutes until soft.
- Add mushrooms and garlic continue cooking another five minutes.
- Spoon into slow cooker. Add broccoli, carrots, tomato paste and stock. Add ground beef.
- Cover and cook on medium for 4 hours until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- THE CARROTS MAY HAVE TO BE PRECOOKED.
- In a small saucepan stir together cornstarch, yogurt, and sour cream. Heat gently over low heat foe 1 minute. DO NOT LET SAUCE BOIL!!
- Stir sauce into vegetable beef mixture.
- Serve over cooked noodles.