Stuffed Green Peppers
- green peppers
- 1 can(s)
- tomato sauce
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- onion (or use onion powder)
- 1-3 Tbsp
- ricotta cheese (you can eyeball this, if you think it is too much)
- handful of parmesan cheese
- italian seasoning
How to Make Stuffed Green Peppers
- 1Cut and scoop out seeds of the peppers and boil them until soft. If using onion, chop onion into fine pieces. Brown the hamburger meat, adding onion (or onion powder), Italian seasoning (I used Oregano, Sage, Rosemary, Thyme and Marjoram), and salt and pepper. Cook until meat is brown and onions are translucent.
- 2Add in tomato sauce, ricotta, and parmesan cheese**.
(Note: WIth the Ricotta and Parmesan, I eyeballed it. You can add as much as you like, depending on how creamy/cheesy you want your mix to be. There isn't an exact amount to this.) Cook together until heated throughly.
- 3Stuff peppers with mixture. (There may be some left over - you can either use this as a side dish, or freeze it to add to more peppers later, depending on how much you have left.)
Top peppers with mozzarella cheese and cook at 400 for 15 minutes, or until cheese is brown on top. Enjoy!
(Chef's Note: When my friend made this, she would put some tomato sauce with Italian seasonings in the bottom of her pan while cooking the peppers, and she used this for sauce. I've never felt that it needed any extra sauce, but if this is something you might enjoy, go for it!)