Stuffed Bread Loaf
1loaf unsliced bread, any flavor, any shape-not flat.
1 lbbrowned hamburger
1medium onion, chopped
3celery ribs, cleaned and sliced
1 cchopped fresh veggie (ie green pepper, mushroom or other) or just choose a drained canned veggie like corn etc.
1 tspgarlic powder or 1 chopped clove
1/2 tspany seasoning and salt /pepper to taste
1 can(s)condensed cream of cheddar soup (can substitute any cream soup)
1 cshredded cheddar- or other cheese
How to Make Stuffed Bread Loaf
- Slice the top off of the bread loaf. Set loaf top aside. Using a serrated knife, cut around the inside of the loaf, leaving the sides intact with no holes or cuts. This hollows out the inside leaving the loaf as a container for your stuffing. Place the bread from the middle you just cut out into a medium bowl.
- Brown hamburger with the onion, garlic, celery and any other veggies that you choose (unless they are already cooked.)Drain fat. Add seasonings and salt and pepper. (Add precooked veggies now and heat through.) Add the soup. Stir to heat through on low heat.
- Make sure your bread middles are cut or torn into pieces in the bowl. Fold the meat/soup mixture into the bread middles until the bread is no longer dry. This is the stuffing for your bread loaf. (If you somehow don't have enough stuffing to fill the bread cavity, can add additional torn sliced bread to these middles.)
- Place hollowed loaf onto foil laid out on a cookie sheet. (You'll wrap the loaf in the foil after it's stuffed, so place it appropriately. You don't want to have to move the loaf a lot once it's stuffed.)
- Line the bottom of the loaf with half the cheese. Fill the bread cavity with the stuffing mixture. Pack it in tightly but don't tear the loaf shell. Cover the stuffing with the rest of the cheese. Replace the cut-off loaf top. Wrap/seal the entire loaf with the foil and situate on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees until heated through, approx. 20-30 mins. Remove pan from oven. Remove foil. Slice and serve. Salad goes well with this.