Savory Beef over Rice
2beef shanks, cube beef & keep bones
12 ozchuck steak, cubed
1/2 conion, diced
2 smallred or yellow pepper, diced
4-5baby bella mushrooms, sliced
4 corganic beef stock
1 tspparsley flakes
2-3 smallbay leaves
1 clovegarlic, minced
2/8 tsppepper, fresh ground
1 clong grain white rice, uncooked
3 tspheaping, corn starch
How to Make Savory Beef over Rice
- cut the meat off the bone and cube it from the beef shanks. Reserve the bone. Also cube up your chuck steak. You can remove excess fat if there is any.
Dice your onions and peppers, set aside
slice your mushrooms, set aside
Mince your garlic, set aside
- in a large saute pan, add your olive oil to coat the pan, heat it to medium heat and add the beef and the reserved bones. You want to braise the beef and the bones until all sides are sealed. You do not have to brown it. Yes, you will keep the bones in this as they give the meal a whole lot of extra flavor!
- Once the meat is fully braised, add your onion, peppers, mushrooms, garlic and pepper. stir and let it cook for a couple minutes while stirring.
- Add your beef stock parsley flakes and bay leaves.
Simmer for about 1 hour
- Add your marmite and allow to simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the beef mixture is on its final simmer, cook your rice according to package.
- remove bay leaves
add water to corn starch and make a gravy in the beef mixture.
Serve over your cooked rice