I also use a brownie edge pan for baking. Everyone gets an "end" piece! This has been a huge hit with my friends and family.
Using reduced fat cheese, lean ground beef, and egg substitute or egg whites lowers the fat and calories without sacrificing taste. Try different types of salsas to change the flavor or add heat.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lblean ground beef (93/7)
1egg or egg substitute equivalent
1/3 ccrushed cornflakes or breadcrumbs
1/3 csalsa, tomato-based
1/3 creduced fat cheese, shredded
1/2 tspblack pepper
1/2 tsponion powder
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1 bottleketchup (if desired)
·(ingredients can be doubled and tripled in exact amounts)
How to Make Salsa Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in one bowl until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Lightly grease or spray a loaf pan (or brownie edge pan).
- Add mixture to the pan. Add desired amount of ketchup and spread across the top.
- Bake for 1 hour. Meatloaf will pull away from the sides of the pan and crisp around the edges when done.