Mom's Famous Taco Salad
Jodi Unruh Zartman
You can make this salad lower-fat by using reduced-fat dressing, cheese and sour cream. It still tastes wonderful!!
You can also adjust how much you want of each ingredient in the salad.
- romaine lettuce leaves
- red onion
- 1 can(s)
- kidney beans
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 c
- tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 c
- kraft catalina dressing (perfect taste)
- 1 lb
- packet of taco seasoning (mild)
How to Make Mom's Famous Taco Salad
- 1Brown hamburger and then add a packet of taco seasoning and water as directed on package and let simmer. Remove from heat and let cool.
- 2Meanwhile, put cleaned and chopped lettuce in a bowl, add shredded cheese, drained kidney beans, chopped red onion, chopped tomatoes, avocado, and toss.
- 3Then add cooled off cooked hamburger and toss with dressing. Top each serving with crushed tortilla chips and sour cream if you'd like.