Miso-Marinated Flank Steak
1/4 cwhite miso (fermented soybean paste)
2 tspdijon mustard
1 tspgrated peeled ginger
1 clovegarlic, crushed
2 Tbspvegetable oil, plus more for brushing
1 1/2 lbbeef flank steak
·sea salt and black pepper, to taste
How to Make Miso-Marinated Flank Steak
- Whisk together the miso, mustard, ginger, salt, garlic and 2 tablespoons oil until a paste forms. Rub paste on both sides of the flank steak. Wrap well in plastic and let marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Arrange rack in upper third of oven, and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Brush a baking sheet with oil. Remove steak from marinade, shaking off excess marinade. Place steak on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven for about 13 minutes (for medium), turning once. Turn on broiler, and cook steak under broiler, watching closely to prevent burning, for about 1 minute per side or until the surface turns a deep brown. Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes. Season with sea salt and black pepper, as desired.
- Thinly slice against the grain, and serve immediately.