Miso-Marinated Flank Steak
I've seen similar recipes on several websites, and they're all quite similar. It makes a lovely presentation when served on a bed of fresh baby spinach or butter lettuce, and it's really delicious and quite easy to prepare. I hope you give it a try.
- 1/4 c
- white miso (fermented soybean paste)
- 2 tsp
- dijon mustard
- 1 tsp
- grated peeled ginger
- 1 tsp
- 1 clove
- garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 1/2 lb
- beef flank steak
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
How to Make Miso-Marinated Flank Steak
- 1Whisk together the miso, mustard, ginger, salt, garlic and 2 tablespoons oil until a paste forms. Rub paste on both sides of the flank steak. Wrap well in plastic and let marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- 2Arrange rack in upper third of oven, and preheat oven to 450°F.
- 3Brush a baking sheet with oil. Remove steak from marinade, shaking off excess marinade. Place steak on prepared baking sheet.
- 4Roast in preheated oven for about 13 minutes (for medium),turning once. Turn on broiler, and cook steak under broiler, watching closely to prevent burning, for about 1 minute per side or until the surface turns a deep brown. Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes. Season with sea salt and black pepper, as desired.
- 5Thinly slice against the grain, and serve immediately.
About Miso-Marinated Flank Steak
You May Also Like:
Show 7 Comments & Reviews