Mediterranean Steak Sandwiches
Ever feel like a nice steak sandwich for dinner? Maybe with a nice bowl of soup??
This is the sandwich... hearty, beefy, cheesy, and as easy as can be.
The flavor? OUTTA THIS WORLD!!!
- smallish thin steaks
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 tsp
- onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- dried oregano
- 6 Tbsp
- olive oil divided
- 3 Tbsp
- red wine (if you don't have any wine or prefer not to use wine, a citrus will do just fine, think lemon, lime juice)
- large onion ciabatta hoagie rolls
- 1 large
- red onion sliced
- 9 oz
- fresh spinach ( 1 bag)
- 3/4 c
- mediterranean herbed feta cheese (could use plain)
- 6 slice
- fontina cheese (cut into 3 strips per slice)
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded mozzeralla cheese
- 1 clove
- garlic crushed/pressed
- pinch of salt & pepper
How to Make Mediterranean Steak Sandwiches
- 1Preheat oven to 375F. Using a foil lined baking sheet, season your steaks on both sides with the seasonings, drizzle with 1 tbls of olive oil and the wine, cover with foil and bake for approximately 12-15 minutes or till your liking.
Brush 2 tbls of olive oil on rolls. *Hoagie rolls are longer rolls and come in various flavors*.
Place rolls on your grill face down, when you have a nice grill mark on the rolls, take off the grill, set aside.
- 3Let's saute our spinach shall we? In a large saute pan, over medium heat add the remaining 3 tbls of the extra virgin olive oil. When the oil is heated, add your crushed garlic. Once the garlic starts to soften add your spinach. Let the spinach wilt. Remove from heat. Season with a pinch of salt & pepper. Set aside.