Kick It Chilli
Make the base "meat mixture, tomato sauce, peppers, & spices" & keep everything else on the side for a chilli bar?
3 lbbeef roast
1 cchicken broth or water
2 Tbspregular tobasco sauce
1 pkgdry pinto beans
1 lbroma tomatoes
·chipoltle tobasco sauce
·cheddar cheese, shredded, to taste
·sour cream, to taste
·crackers, for some people it is a must have for chilli
How to Make Kick It Chilli
- In 6 qt Slow Cooker, cook beef roast, onion, chicken broth, & regular tobasco sauce overnight, or 12 hrs on low. Cook until you can shred by hand.
Clean beans & soak in lightly salted water overnight.
- Cut beef into cubes (this can be done prior to cooking to speed up the process). Once cooked to soft, shread easily by using potato smasher in slow cooker.
- While shredding the beef, boil beans following instructions on the bag.
- Cook Roma tomatoes with approx. 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Cook until tomatoes "pop", then crush them with potato smasher. Remove skins.
- Slice all peppers & add them to meat. Hot peppers can be used if you prefer heat.
Add cooked beans & roma tomato sauce to mixture.
Cook another 3 hours or put in refrigerator overnight & cook for 1 hour the next day.
- Serve in tortilla bowl, bread bowl, or regular bowl. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar. Add a dollup of sour cream in the middle.
Sit back & watch them dig in with delight!